World of Imagi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inuyasha - New Spring

Go down

Inuyasha - New Spring Empty Inuyasha - New Spring

Post by Mr. Cuddles Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:40 am

[This is an alternate story, but it will take place several years after Inuyasha. The ending makes it flexible to bend a few rules, but everything that had happened would be canon up to this point. I just thought I'd dabble into an anime based RP, one that holds some fond memories. The recap is at this point Miroku and Sango have 3 children, twin girls, and a son. The years after would bring the twin girls two 9 years old and their younger brother to 6. It isn't exactly mentioned on the age gap, but the twin girls were toddlers, so my guess is they were around 2-3 when he was born. I'm adding in a character I created to blend into the story, and to make it fun. You don't have to join this if you can't, I'm just doing this cause I felt the urge to revive a piece of history. Don't know if I'll maintain it.]

A gentle breeze blew over the grassy fields, there were new flowers for picking. Down at a creek, a young boy crouched on a large rock, waiting barefooted and with only a fundoshi (loincloth). He was waiting to catch a fish, he had spent the last twenty minutes trying to catch it because he wanted to surprise his mother. Soon he saw the large fish swim by, it was very large but he was determined to get it. Letting out a war cry he dove into the water after it, he swam up to grab it by its take, then it slapped his hand away. Growling at this he continued after it while on one breath. It was a fight, he managed to get close enough to grab its fin, then he pulled himself in close to grab onto its tail. The fish tried to shake him off, it even jumped out of the water while him clinging on "Aahhh!" he still held on for dear life. The boy was getting tired of it putting up such a fight, he drove his feet down to the bottom to use himself as an anchor. Still, he held onto the fish not letting go, the fish flopped and tried to shake him off and he buried his feet into the dirt while being dragged around. Luckily he could hold his breath for as long as he wanted to, something he found himself capable of. Water was his place, he was always drawn to it, he could often hear it call to him in his dreams. By this time he had been wrestling with this giant fish for fifteen minutes. Soon, he was able to hold himself in place and he pulled with all his might and thrust the fish out of the water with incredible strength.

Swimming back to the surface he popped his head up to look around, he could see the fish flopping on the ground just a few feet away "Yea!" he whooped and cheered, then he saw a large bird swoop down to bite at it "HEY THAT'S MINE!" he ran out of the water and started to swat it away, the large bird got annoyed and pecked at him. "Ah, go away!" he fought it off till it was gone, it did peck him pretty good which left a few bruises "Dumb bird...". Looking around, the young boy made sure nothing else was coming for him, he grabbed the fish by its tail and dragged it over to a little cart he had made himself to pull it back. It took some doing, but he managed to pull it onto the cart while hoping it would break it or roll off. It was going to be a long ways back, they lived on the mountainside just a little ways from the river. "Mother is going to be so proud of me" he beamed from ear to ear. By now he had put his clothes back on, and tied the rope around his waist and started to pull the cart while holding onto the handle.

The journey back was smooth with the road having so few rocks in it, the cart squeaked and creaked, but it managed to get to the base of the mountain just fine. Now, it was to take the path up. Being on the mountain was great, it was mainly his mother and him along with an old woman who had always lived there. If it wasn't for her, they wouldn't have somewhere safe to live. The boy hauled his catch up the sloped side, the path was cut, it was having to pull the cart up, which he was doing just fine, but he could feel the rope slipping a bit from his waist. Instead, he decided to let it down slowly and take a break to figure out how he could get the heavy fish up.

For as long as he had known he was different, his mother would remind him of that and tell him to not go near any of the local villages. She would tell him that they wouldn't accept him for what he was and that they would try to hurt him out of fear. There were days he would go as far to see children from the nearby village playing, and he wanted to play with them, but he had to listen to his mother. She told him that she had to leave her home because no one would understand, and she feared both their safety.

It was time to have a go again, he made sure the rope was tight, and he started to pull it up again. She would always compliment how strong he was, and that he was so much like his father. How much he wanted to meet him or to know more, but that wasn't possible. The boy pulled the cart with all his might up the terrain, he got it as far as he could before taking a break where there was flatter surface. Just a little bit more and he would be home. On the top along the side of the mountain was where they lived, it was beautiful with a small creek that ran down, a small pool of water and some green grass. It was their own village. Lady Koge turning some fish over an open flame, she had even a serving of rice, and some vegetables go with. The smell of the food was traveling down the mountain with the wind. The young boy had breached the top, he pulled as hard as he could on the rope until the cart squeaked up just passed their gates. The gates were placed there to keep strangers out, and they also had seals placed on them to ward off any potential evil spirits from entering.

"Asahi!" his mother rushed over when she saw him "Wh...where..how on earth did you catch this?!" she asked with shock, to see the young boy carry such a large catch the way he did astonish her. Lady Koge looked up and her eyes grew wide "My, it seems he has outdone himself this time!". Asahi smiled from ear to ear "I got up really early so I could catch it, will this be enough Lady Koge?" Lady Koge was a retired priestess, she spent most of her time in the mountains, but she did continue traditions on warding off spirits every now and then. The elder woman just smiled "Asahi, this is enough to feed two villages. It is so plentiful, we can live off this for a while". Tomoe walked over and knelt down to him "I'm proud of you my son, but please don't get yourself into any danger to impress me. You have always impressed me from the day you were born, I know you are strong". She placed her hand on top of his head and combed her fingers through his hair. She could feel the two horns just under his hair right at the front of his hairline. "I just wanted to surprise you". He started to look sad, and she sighed and gave him a hug "And you did, and I love you even more for that". Lady Koge let out a cheery tone "Come, let us eat, then we can prepare the fish". The two went over to join her for a meal.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

https://worldofimagi.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Inuyasha - New Spring Empty Re: Inuyasha - New Spring

Post by Mr. Cuddles Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:53 am

The night drew close and they had finished preparing the majority of the fish by drying most of it and storing it away in salts for later. Aashi had bathed and curled up on his bed on the floor, his mother Tomoe covered him over and gave him a kiss on his cheek before laying down for the night. Lady Koge had performed some blessings before they had gone to bed, it was something she did every night and morning to maintain their protection.

Hours had passed and there was a strange energy in the air, this caused Aashi to wake in a cold sweat, he looked around frantically in the dark, the only light was from the moon but it suddenly changed from a pure white to a blood red. Tomoe woke up and Lady Koge was right there by the door "Don't go out" she walked in and slid the door shut and held her beads tight, she started to hum and chant quietly. Tomoe put her arms around Aashi "What is going on Lady Koge?" the elder priestess was feeling unsettled "Blood moon...we only need to survive the night" she continued to mutter her prayer. Aashi was scared "Mama, is something going to happen to us?" just then he could feel a strong surge go through his body "...Mama...something is wrong". Lady Koge stopped and looked over at him and frowned, she moved close to him and grabbed him firmly and placed her beads on his head and continued to chant. Aashi was frightened, but he could feel it, something inside him wanting to get out. Tomoe was feeling frantic "Aashi?! What is happening Lady Koge?!" she started to hug onto him. "There is a change in him, we must tie him down...he is part demon". The Priestess got up and rushed over to grab some cloth, and handed a few over to Tomoe "He could become dangerous". Aashi looked at them in fear "No! I...I won't hurt you" Lady Koge frowned "I know you won't want to, but your demon side...I'm sorry" she began to bind his feet and they worked on binding his hands. Tomoe couldn't be near him, and they had to leave him laying there as he started to sob in fear "I don't like this! Please...make it stop!" he shuddered and his body started to contort, he was trying to fight it.

It was agonizing watching him go through that, the horns on his head had grown out more, his eyes changed to black with blue iris's and his fangs showed more, his nails were turning into claws he let out a roar as he tried to get free. Lady Koge had placed a charm on his body which caused him pain and made sure Tomoe contained herself during their prayers, it was going to be a long night but it was to make sure he didn't break free. Aashi growled and started to break free from his confines, he sprang up and crouched glaring at his mother and at Lady Koge. Tomoe could feel her heartbreak for him "Aashi, it's okay. Come to me" Lady Koge blocked her by raising her arm in front of her "He is dangerous m'lady". "No, no he's not...he wouldn't hurt me" she tried to push past her. "Don't break the prayer" "NO, Aashi?". The young boy eyed his mother then he looked over at the door, he leaped over them and charged through the door breaking it. The two got up and rushed out, but by then he had taken off into the night. "AASHI!" his mother cried out for him she tried to run after him, but the priestess grabbed her and pulled her back "You will die! A mortal has a less chance of survival this night, now please...stay inside" she pulled her back in "I have faith your son will be fine, these nights only happen once in a millennium". The two continued their prayers as hard it was on Tomoe they had to remain there and wait.

Young Aashi ran into the night, it was like he was looking for something or someone, but he sprinted to the lake and spotted a being standing there. With a snarl he charged towards them, it was a tall man wearing a white robe, he had long black hair and two horns protruding from his head, he turned just as Aashi leaped to attack him.

The morning sun had woke him up, Aashi stirred and found himself laying under a tree. All he felt was very hungry and thirsty, but he could barely remember the night before, he sat up and looked around and could see he was somewhere familiar. Pushing himself up he looked over himself and saw no scratch or bruise, but he was starting to remember something and it was a man he saw and that was it. It was hard to remember, but he knew he had to hurry back home as his family was probably worried about him. As he made his way back up the mountainside he noticed claw marks along the wall, and strange footprints and drag marks going up, as he neared the top he could see more damage. Aashi was worried now, he started to sprint and he saw that the gate had been destroyed, even the wards that were around it were torn down, their home was destroyed. He frantically ran over to their hut which was toppled over and started to push at the rubble "Mama!, Lady Koge!" he called out, but he couldn't hear anything. Did he do this? Aashi could feel tears burning his eyes as he called out 'MAMA! MA-" "A...Aashi..." it was weak, he started to push and pull at the pieces of the hut and he could see his mother's arm, he started to lift part of it up as strong as he was and there she was bloodied and battered "Mama...I...I got you!" he pushed as hard as he could and managed to get it off of her, he moved in close to help move her, but he stopped and looked down in horror. His mother's breathing was weak "Aashi I..." "Mama!" he buried his face into her chest "I'M SO SORRY" Tomoe had tears stream down the side of her face "No...this isn't your fault, listen to me".  He continued to sob, but as weak as she was she brought her hand up to rub his back and comb through his hair "I...I love you very much, and I want you to promise me that you will continue to be strong". He lifted his head "But, I need you..." "I know..." she smiled weakly "Every child needs a mother, and I'm..." her voice broke as she choked down her tears "I'm sorry I can't continue to be a mother to you..." she started to wince as the pain was starting to get to her. "So, please...be safe, the world won't accept you, but...be brave" she groaned in agony as she gasped. "Pro...mise me..." Aashi looked down at her his eyes wide as tears poured down his face "Yes, I promise" he leaned down and put his head to hers and she smiled and closed her eyes "That's my good boy" then her arm went limp. He stayed there for as long as he could, he curled next to her knowing she had taken her final breath.

After a few hours he was up trying to gather what he could, there was no sign of Lady Koge, but he found her beads which were broken and scattered. Digging two graves he was able to put the beads in one and, then he buried his mother into the other. The demon that killed her only did it to kill her, her legs were missing and she bled to death, she laid there dying and alone for the most of the night. Aashi was angry, and he wanted revenge but all he could remember was how Lady Koge told him to never let hatred get to him and to never seek revenge as it was a path of sadness. It was time for him to go, he had packed what he could into a bag and slung it over his shoulder before leaving. Now he was alone, there was no one he could go to, and he felt his whole world grow small.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:22 am

Aashi walked for many days after the incident, he didn't try to stop even when he had to walk past a nearby village, he looked human to them and a few people would stop him and try to offer him some food and even a place to stay since he was a small child. Their offers were kind, but he just couldn't do it and he moved on, as usual, he came to a clearing where he sat down on a rock to rest. How could a child like him handle so much already? He was always doing things for himself for a long time, cause he always wanted to prove that he was capable of doing more, and he always wanted to help his mother and Lady Koge. Now they were gone, and he had nothing to really hold onto, so he was feeling lost. Though along the way he saw a village that had been destroyed by the demons from that night, and some of the people trying to pick up the pieces. All he wanted was to curl up and forget and be forgotten, he brought his knees up to his chest and buried his face onto the top of his knees and let out a sigh, a few silent sobs slipped out.

------------

Many people had to deal with the sudden demon night as most were calling it, somehow the blood moon triggered such an unusual event which was rare, but it was handled in most areas. There were new groups of demon slayers that had gone about to most of the villages and fought them off, though some villages weren't so lucky. The night it happened, Miroku had been making his way home after meeting up with Inuyasha about a small task in helping a nearby village, and it was then he witnessed an attack on some travelers as a group of demons appeared out of nowhere. He was able to help them somewhat while sustaining some injury, but it was sheer luck that he managed to defeat them. In haste he rushed home to check on his family to make sure that they were fine, he found a few demon corpses in the village and saw that Sango had managed to fight a few off along with a few of the villagers. It was a strange event which was concerning, but they were able to maintain their village throughout the night as a few more waves appeared but it was nothing too devastating which they were lucky.

Inuyasha had made it home to Kagome when he was attacked by a group of demons, he killed them off easily and hurried to make sure that Kagome and their child were safe. Getting back he saw that Kagome was fighting off a few by bow and arrow, their child was hidden inside their home. The two fought off many that appeared until the moon's glow dissipated.

--------------

Hours had gone by and Aashi had woke up from his night to see that it was late evening, he grabbed his sack and slung it over his shoulder and continued onward, he wasn't sure where he was going, but if he could find another cave to live the rest of his days that is where he would go. As he walked he could smell the delicious scent of roasted meat, he had a heightened sense of smell, and it was making him hungry, but he couldn't go to anyone and ask for food. The further he walked the more he could smell the food, and he spotted a small group of people sitting around a fire with a roast hanging over the flames. They were talking, even laughing and it seemed they were relaxed about everything, he continued to follow the dirt road to avoid them. As he continued on he noticed a group of suspicious men surrounding a cart, they had an older man pinned on the ground. "No, please!" the old man cried out "Don't take my cart, I have to get these supplies back to my village...ack!" "Quiet old man" the larger man kicked him in his side. Aashi frowned and dropped his sack "Let him go" he walked up to them and the men looked down at him "Shoo kid, this is grown up business" the larger man scuffed at him. "Yeah" retorted the other, the other two were holding the man down. Aashi gritted his teeth "I said let him go" the larger man sighed "Look, I don't beat up kids so how about y-" before he could finish Aashi lunged at him and punched him straight in the groin. The man grabbed himself and dropped to his knees, the other men looked on in horror "Boss!" one shouted "Okay kid, you really did it" it wasn't long till they were all handled, even though it wasn't very easy and Aashi got punched and kicked a few times. He was able to fight back to where they were laid out.

The older man was surprised by this "Thank you my dear boy" he smiled while struggling to balance himself "I would have been a goner if it wasn't for you". Aashi had a few bruises and he smiled and bowed to him and turned to leave. "Wait!" the older man waved at him "Are you lost, son? Do you have a family? With all the demon attacks...it has been tough on everyone". Aashi paused in his steps and sighed "I'm fine thanks, just get back to your village" he went to grab his sack and walked passed the man and his cart. "Wait" the older man went through his cart and took out a few things, he walked over to the young boy and smiled "Please, take these. May they help you on your journey". Aashi blinked and looked at the items, one was a small sack of rice and the other two bread rolls. "You don't have to..." the man smiled wide "I do, you helped me greatly. And not many would accept your help" Aashi's eyes widened a bit "It is okay, your secret is safe with me" he winked. Aashi could feel his eyes watering and he reached for the items and bowed upon taking them "Thank you!" then he hurried off down the dirt road, he didn't want the man to see him crying. That was the first time a stranger treated him with such kindness.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Cuddles Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 am

Aashi had dozed off when he heard some yelling, he tried to ignore it but it was getting annoying so he opened his eyes and looked around. They weren't crying for help, but just a yell, like someone was talking to something. Pushing himself up he grabbed his sack and slung it over his shoulder and started to walk towards the sound, the closer he got the more clear it was "NO, what are you doing?! father is going to kill us!" yelled some children, there were several of them. As he neared he could catch a glimpse of them through the brush, he hid behind some bushes and could see that they were going back and forth over who knew what. "NO, you fool" "Ah shut it, will ya! I think he'll be proud of us" they looked similar so they were all siblings. There were about six of them, they were standing near two large boars they had killed "But you broke the cart" one of the girls chimed in. "It was his fault" pointed the other. Aashi was a bit confused by this, but he decided to try and sneak away and leave. Just then one of them silenced them "QUIET! There's someone here" they all started to sniff the air and look around. Aashi knew he had to get away quickly, he started to crawl away slowly when one was getting closer. Just as he thought he got away he pushed himself and got up to run when one of them hopped out to pounce him "GOTCHA!". Aashi gasped and managed to quickly dive forward, roll and run. Soon all of them were on his heels "AHHH LEAVE ME ALONE!" They kept chasing the whole time as he ran further into the woods trying to lose them, they continued to sniff him out.

It was an exhausting thirty minutes and they were still at it, he managed to hide underwater at a nearby river and hide for the duration of the chase. They ran by a few times not noticing him, but he had to hide his belongings so they wouldn't get wet which was inconvenient. Aashi was able to hold his breath for about ten minutes, but it was starting to get hard so he popped his head up slowly and took in some air, but as he did that he came face to face with one of them. "I FOUND HIM!" yelled the child. Aashi knew he was in trouble as he was soon surrounded by the six of them again. "Aaaahhnng..." "We got you now," said one of them with a grin. "PUPS!" came a loud voice and the children immediately scrambled as they ran in the direction of the voice. There was a moment of relief so he figured it had to of been their parent, so he climbed out of the water and flopped over on the bank and laid there for a little while with his eyes closed. As he was trying to relax he noticed a shadow cast over him, he opened his eyes and looked up "AAH" it was one of the girls "He looks human, but he smells like a demon" just then other people appeared. One of them was a tall male, long dark hair, fur clothing and a stern look on his face. "Hey kid" he said to him. Aashi sat up and scooted away from them "Please don't hurt me..." the male eyed him "We're not going to hurt you, was wondering why you interfered with the hunt". The man crossed his arms, but he was no man, he had bared his fangs at him. Aashi gulped "I...I didn't".

The children were all making strange faces, as if they were trying to avoid getting in trouble "Yes he did, he caused us to break our cart" one of them lied. Aashi's eyes widened "WHAT?! NO...I didn't do that! I swear..." the male frowned then looked at the children "I know you didn't" the children gasped and looked worried. "I thought I taught them better" he was disappointed in them. "What are you doing out here alone?" Aashi shrugged "I...I travel--" "Please don't lie, you're an orphan". Aashi lowered his head and solemnly nodded. The male shrugged "Come with us, we'll get you some food and you can warm up for a little while till we can find you a suitable home. Pups, gather your kill" the children nodded and took off. It was strange for another demon to take him in like this, but he was thankful. Grabbing his sack he slung it over his shoulder and walked with them, the children had to figure out how to carry their kills as a group. Age wise, some of the children were older than him, same age, and a few younger than him.
Mr. Cuddles
Mr. Cuddles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum